Benefit Options, Advice & Training is led by Stephen Watkins who has over 30 years experience in managing and delivering a range of benefit-related services, latterly with Warwickshire Welfare Rights Advice Service.
He has fulfilled a number of roles:
- caseworker and appeal representative;
- telephone/email advice to professionals and direct to the public;
- devised and delivered a range of training courses;
- set up and ran a diverse number of take-up campaigns;
- created and maintained a portfolio of guidance materials for professionals to refer to;
- published a range of simple leaflets for public use;
- set up and ran a number of projects using benefits as a way of targeting 'hard-to-reach' communities, so that other third sector agencies can meet their own objectives.